Re-purpose Shipping Containers
Shipping containers are built to transport goods over long distances and designed to withstand harsh weather conditions. Because they are constructed of high-quality steel, shipping containers are watertight and wind-resistant. Also, shipping containers have stable performance over a wide range of temperatures, thanks to their superior impact, puncture, and compulsive strength.
It’s no wonder why shipping containers can be repurposed aside from their primary purpose of containing and transporting goods. In this article, you’ll learn some of the ways to utilize shipping containers that implement a little bit of imagination and creativity.
1. Pop-Up Container Kiosks
Using shipping containers as temporary and quick-fix structures, such as pop-up container cafes, is not new. Shipping containers can be designed as pop-up kiosks, which are ideal for food festivals and expos.
Here are the advantages of pop-up container kiosks:
- You can operate a restaurant or cafe at a flexible location.
- You can design logistics containers according to your preference with so much ease and flexibility.
- Save time and effort in booking an event place or renting or buying a kiosk.
- Pop-up container kiosks are always on-the-go when designed and created with wheels and hook for easy towing.
2. Temporary Or Permanent Mobile Offices
Because of container engineering advancements, 40ft or 20ft containers can now be transformed into mobile offices, which is a popular conversion trend that can benefit self-employed individuals and small business owners. Also, there are many office design ideas you may consider using ship containers. Regardless if you’re looking for a permanent or temporary personal workspace, you can convert a shipping container into an appealing mobile office.
Check out the good reasons why containers work perfectly as temporary or permanent mobile offices:
- Convenient Working Environment: Reduce or eliminate noises and interruptions with a shipping container converted into a private mobile office. It provides a comfortable and quiet workspace, allowing you to focus more on your business and finish your tasks on time.
- Naturally Spacious: Shipping containers come in different sizes, from 10 feet (compact size) to 40 feet (very spacious). Because shipping containers are primarily intended to transport loads of bulky items, they are naturally spacious. It means that with a shipping container, you’ll have more room to design, as well as store marketing or production tools and supplies, and other office equipment.
- Customizable: Shipping containers are highly customizable, which means that you can easily modify them according to your unique needs and preferences. You may install air conditioners and add workbenches, sliding glass windows, and personal access doors for your convenience.
3. Shipping Container Homes
Shipping containers can withstand extreme temperatures. They can tolerate high winds of up to 100 mph. Because of the durability of steel containers, you can expect a cargo container home to last for 25 years without any major problems.
Here are the benefits of shipping container homes:
- Easy To Construct And Use: All you need is a new or old shipping container, delivery people to maneuver it, and some design ideas. You can easily incorporate the features you want into a shipping container home, such as staircase, windows, and doors.
- Environment-Friendly: Shipping container homes are good for the environment as these eliminate the use of construction materials and carbon footprint.
- Affordable: Building a home out of a shipping container is far more affordable than constructing a new one from scratch. The former can be a great solution if you are on a tight budget.
4. Mobile Clinics
Shipping containers can be repurposed into mobile clinics so that more patients can be catered to. Clinics built out of containers can be affixed to a permanent location, too.
5. Portable Toilets
Shipping containers can also be transformed into portable toilets for concert events, construction sites, and other temporary locations.
Mobile stores for festivals, trade fairs, and even small businesses can be built out of containers as well. Shipping container stores can be a convenient way of introducing your products and services to more people.
Mobile schools are in demand, most especially in rural areas, bringing education to more children. You may also build a shipping container school for your yoga or art classes, or for any short courses you’re planning to offer to your customers.
A shipping container make for a great photography or art studio, or for just about any passion you have and wish to pursue.
Shipping containers can be effectively converted into pop-up kiosks, offices, or homes. Why not? They are durable, safe to use, and highly functional .