Math is a very touchy subject for both children and parents alike.
It’s always bothersome to try and remember basic math concepts in order to help your child with your homework.
What’s worse is that you can’t use a calculator to solve some equations directly. You either have to simplify it first or factor it out which is quite a hassle. That’s why PhotoMath has released an app that can do all of that.
A math equation solver via smatphone camera app.
Unlike your typical calculator, PhotoMath works with your camera to solve equations. Simply fit the equation on the red frame of the app then take a snapshot.
The app will tell you the answer and show you all the steps it took to solve your problem.
This could be a double edged sword since children can just get the answer immediately without finding out how the math works. But for parents who have a hard time remembering their grade school math, it’s a life saver.
Download from the Android or Apple App Store
Learn math, check homework and study for upcoming tests and ACTs/SATs with the most used math learning app in the world!
Got tricky homework or class assignments? Get unstuck ASAP with our step-by-step explanations and animations.
Photomath is free and works without wi-fi or data. Whether you’re on the bus, in a cave, or just offline, core Photomath is always available.
We’ve got you covered from basic arithmetic to advanced calculus and geometry. You CAN do math!
- Word problem explanations!
- No internet or data required for equation-based problems
- Free to use
- Step-by-step explanations for every solution
- Exclusive how-to animations
- Scroll through multiple solving methods per problem
- Multi-functional scientific calculator
- Interactive graphs
Math Topics Covered
- Basic Math/Pre-Algebra: arithmetic, integers, fractions, decimal numbers, powers, roots, factors da
- Algebra: linear equations/inequalities, quadratic equations, systems of equations, logarithms, functions, matrices, graphing, polynomials
- Geometry (specific textbooks only)
- Trigonometry/Precalculus: identities, conic sections, vectors, sequences and series, logarithmic functions
- Calculus: limits, derivatives, integrals, curve sketching
- Statistics: combinations, factorials
“An answer isn’t all you’ll get from this free app. Photomath also provides a step-by-step guide of how each problem is solved.” — Huffington Post
“The step-by-step guide is beneficial to students that do not have access to a tutor and struggle with solving math problems.” — Forbes
“A viral video about a new app looks like a dream come true for anyone who struggles with math.” — Time
Want to boost your learning experience? With Photomath Plus, you get:
EXPERT EXPLANATIONS FOR MATH EQUATIONS
High-quality teacher-approved explanations for every problem in select textbooks, including word and geometry problems! Learn or repeat math concepts at your own pace.
MATH EQUATIONS ANIMATIONS
Detailed animations that help you visualize and understand each math step.
MATH EQUATIONS TIPS & HINTS
Level up your learning by understanding “how” and “why” math problems are solved, or remember forgotten terms and concepts with our embedded glossary.
- Payment will be charged to your Google Play account at the confirmation of purchase.
- A subscription automatically renews unless it’s canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Manage or cancel your subscription in your account settings on the Google Play after purchase.
- Offers and pricing subject to change without notice.