During the World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi, Managing Director of Clean Energy Business Council, Dr Raed Bkayrat outlined the history and details of renewable energy industry. Dr. Bkayrat also discussed the trends, innovations, current and future power projects in the Middle East. Find out the trends in tariffs, large scale projects and socio-economic impact of clean energy in the MENA region.
About the Leader
Dr Raed B’kayrat is currently the Managing Director for the Clean Energy Business Council (CEBC).
Before joining CEBC, Raed was VP Business Development for the ME Region at First Solar, he was responsible for establishing First Solar’s commercial footprint in the region, market setup, origination and strategy development.
In 2009, Raed joined the core team that built the Economic Development Division at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), where he was responsible for creating the institution’s successful Industry Collaboration Program. He also advised several Saudi governmental and industrial entities and mentored startup companies.
Previously, he was part of successful Startups in O&G industry in California, and previously spent nine years in various roles at Siemens AG in Germany and the US. Raed holds a Ph.D. and a Master of Science from Arizona State University and a Bachelor of Science from the University of Jordan, all in Electrical Engineering.
About the Organization
Registered as a Not for Profit Company in Masdar City in Abu Dhabi, the Clean Energy Business Council (CEBC) is the pre-eminent organization representing the private sector involved in the clean energy sector across the MENA region.
Our goal is to establish a dialogue between the public and private sectors to drive the development of appropriate and much needed regulation and policy to support the development of this vital sector.
CEBC aims to be the credible voice of the industry in the region as well as the trusted partner for government entities when it comes to all issues related to Clean Technologies. We represent a broad spectrum of technology providers, regulators, end users and financiers and have initiatives that are aimed at developing a healthy and sustainable market in the MENA region.
The main goals of CEBC can be summarized as:
- Establish a leading forum for companies and government entities focused on the development and deployment of clean energy in the MENA region
- Promote the clean energy industry beginning to flourish in the region and inform the wider community of the benefits of the sector
- Collaborate with government agencies and other stakeholders in policy development and regulation of this rapidly developing and exciting sector
- Develop a series of strategic alliances with research institutions, international associations, media and others to drive the delivery of clean energy solutions for MENA
- Coordinate the gathering of data and information on the sector to ensure relevant benchmarking and transparency in the sectors development
- Support and assist governments, industry and the community in the region to meet low carbon targets and sustainability goals
If your Company’s goal is to be a leader in the clean energy sector anywhere in the MENA region then becoming a member of the CEBC is likely to be for you.
#CEBC #GineersNowTV #Renewable #WFES